viernes, 30 de octubre de 2015

Thing 14 Augmented Reality



I haven´t used AR, knew a little about it but didn´t learn more because it seemed to be too futuristic! I guess we´ve arrived to the future!
While I was watching the related videos many ideas came to my mind about how all these innovations could benefit libraries. Could libraries be the center of technologies like AR in every educational institution? Or, on the contrary, apps like this one will just accelerate the moving of research, knowledge and information out of the library and into the movable devices that can be some other place and not necessarily in a library?
I think it all depends on how things develop. Years ago the textbooks that included a DVD were preferred over the traditional ones. But that didn´t last long, links for the internet did a better job than downloading the content a DVD and increasing trash.
I can imagine a library loaded with possibilities such as those presented by librARI and I´m sure it would soon become a very popular place to visit, or at least it will definitely attract more people and more will get engaged with reading. It looks like a great way to solve circulation issues inside the library too.
Undeniably it is a great pro for education. Having the opportunity to see all science topics coming to live in front of us is revolutionary for the teaching learning process.
At present we are already looking how the insertion of technology is switching the classroom scenarios and are still struggling to deal with their associated issues of students getting engaged in social media instead of using their devices for educational matters when being at school.
And now comes AR to add more content to this incredible fascinating world of learning.
On my end I think it will take a bit longer to have it in our classrooms but anyhow I will play a thing or two to get initiated!

1 comentario:

  1. Let us know how you get on with your AR project and post a link when you get a chance, I'd love to see the results. No doubt it will be a creative endeavour.

    ResponderEliminar