jueves, 29 de octubre de 2015

Thing 13 Professional Organizations



Great, I searched in Internet if there was a Library Association at my county and found their blog, Facebook page and Google circles page! I wasn´t aware of this. I do remember attending like a million years ago to a meeting of people thinking on founding an association when I just started working as a librarian. Lots of things happened in my life since then and although I´ve always been working with books, the last 13 years have been at an international school so I´ve been unaware of what they have being doing.
During these past years I´ve being in contact with librarians from other international schools and from time to time we organize a meeting to reflect on our jobs. It´s always difficult to get organized and find the time that suits everyone so we can get together.
I´ve got excited with this discovery and would follow them and maybe get to participate more actively. There is an event which they are promoting for November 10th which would be nice to attend, only that  it would have been better to be up to date with Rudai, then I would have applied for this event sooner. Probably I´m not going to obtain permission from my school... I´ll try anyways. People who attend to this event are considered members of the Ecuadorian Association of Librarians.
I´ve just skimmed the sites but already found an invitation to apply for a grant to attend the IFLA 2016 conference in Ohio!!

These are the links
http://aeb-nacional.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Aso.BibliotecariosEcuador
https://plus.google.com/114330356036953863765/posts

2 comentarios:

  1. Well done, that's brilliant that you've found your assiciation and are getting involved. We're delighted that Rudai23 has encouraged you to participate. Keep up the good work. Let us know how you get on.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar