jueves, 29 de octubre de 2015

Thing 12 Attending Conferences





The most recent conference I´ve atended was the one organised by the school I work for at the begining of this academic year. It was called ¨Making Classrooms Better¨ and was lectured by Tracy Tokuhama Ph.D, who is an education researcher and Professor of Neuroscience of Learning at Harvard University. She has written many books about teaching and learning and works with 25 schools around the world among a long list of accomplishes in the education field.
It was a two day seminar where all teaching staff had the chance to meet and get to know each other. This year we had many new teachers coming from different parts of the English speaking world.
It was nice to listen to different points of view and experiences in education. Tracey focus ed on these main key messages

  • How does the learning process takes place, Mind, Brain and Education involved
  • The process to move from a problem to a question
  • The flipped classroom

Was a captivating lecture and got us all initiated in a long time study about how to improve our practices at school.
I had a notebook to take notes and almost near to the end I realized that I should have kept drawing mind maps on my notebook as I always used to do. This prove to be more useful to me than just writing down some unconnected phrases. Sadly on this ocassion, as it was a long time I hadn´t attended to a conference, I forgot to do that and just wrote down some keywords that could help me find complete information on the Internet. The truth is I haven´t got back to my notes until right now.
So it´s a good opportunity to affirm my way of taking notes and also to get some reading about this fascinating theme.

1 comentario:

  1. This is a great reflection on attending a conference. I like your mind map idea, I might use that at my next conference!

    ResponderEliminar