viernes, 6 de noviembre de 2015

Thing 22 Mobile Things

I have to say that this reading has made me think whether it is still valid to pay a lot of money for the use of my current library software... There are a lot of  free apps out there that might replace many important features that my old system does. Maybe it is not yet time but surely soon will be.
About Beacon, I think it is great to receive in your smartphone cultural information while you are wandering around, but not so good if you start receiving advertisements. That really will against your privacy, but I guess that should be possible to be customized. Sending book overdue recalls to students and other important school information makes it worth acquiring.

Gumit is something I must certainly would like to use in the library although I´m a little concerned on the fact that is not curated and I wouldn´t like my youngest students to read inappropriate  texts, but, again, that´s part of our reality and is better to learn how to deal with it instead of only avoid it. Sadly, I´ve just tried to downloaded to my new Iphone and it is not available at the Ecuadorian App Store...

Looking through the content of 23 Mobile Things I got captivated by the topics and thought that´s something I need to study once I finish the Rudai course. I´m really interested in Storytelling but it is the last one! I guess it will have to be my prize for doing the previous 22 things.
I´m getting a broader vision of the use of technology in school and my objective is to be a resourceful teacher librarian who can suggest and propose interesting activities to students, specially to those reluctant readers. Hence my new Iphone! I didn´t give it too much thinking when I decided to buy one because it is since long time ago that I felt the need of capturing in photos what happens in the library. I missed a lot for not having a camera with me. My vision now is broader than just taking photos and will continue improving.

1 comentario: