domingo, 1 de noviembre de 2015

Thing 17 Reflective Practice

Reflecting on the course so far and after reading this last thing I realized the importance of reflection in the learning process. I will try to write right now on how would the reflection practice will benefit my library experience.
On one hand I have all the skills that I have learnt up to now and feel that some of them need more practice to feel confidence to use them. Is like having all the ingredients for a recipe but still don´t knowing by heart how much of each should I pour. I do have the instructions and that is great because I know that at any moment I can go back and search on Rudai home and also go to my blog and reread what went wrong the first time. 
It´s important that many things in life are learnt due to necessity. I mean that only when you are urged to accomplish something you strive to do it and finalize it. In certain way this is what the Rudai team is helping me to do. Under my own will I´m gently pushed to go further in my development and reflect on it. That is very nice.
I´m planing on keep practicing the things learnt in R23 and adding them to this blog once the course has finished. This blog will be for me and my improving skills which should merge to obtain outcomes to be used in the future for the library and for my other personal interests.
It has been nice to see how the things get interrelating with each other and all the possibilities they show up. At the very beginning I just couldn´t make myself a clear idea on how this course will develop or what would I get from it. The first tasks were done with the fear of failure. As the course has evolved I can feel myself more confident on trying new things and exploring more assured that I can succeed.
I do feel a bit scared on start showing up my new knowledge but it will come up I´m sure on my next goal to achieve which is a campaign to get more new books to my library. From the top of my head I see I can use Infographic tools to create posters and be shared through social media. From this starting point more things will happen. 


2 comentarios:

  1. Once again you have written a beautiful, reflective post. I really enjoy reading your blog, you are a natural writer. I love your recipe analogy, I will tweet about htis post. Do you have a twitter account I can reference?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Stephanie, thank you for your comments. It was so nice and encouraging to read them all today. Yes, my twitter account is @mglnov

      Eliminar