martes, 3 de noviembre de 2015

Thing 19 The Legal Side of Things

Well, that´s a lot of reading and I´m glad once again that it will be there to visit every time I need to be sure I´m doing things right. 
In the end it all goes down to acknowledge others for the work they have done, a very simple sense of respect when living in community.
I did have a very simple way of acknowledging to be honest. Just the author was mentioned and did not care if it was copyrighted or under Creative Commons.
Thinking about the employer being the owner of any intellectual content created during work is terrifying! How could someone prove a work has been developed not at work but at home?  I need to read more about it. The subject of the invention or creation must be in relation to the type of work of the employment I guess. But being a librarian would compromise the children stories I write?
Copyright and author property is a big issue in my country as most of the people don´t comply with it and many cultural objects can be obtained at low price. That´s how a debate is raised on letting have culture at reach of the people who otherwise wouldn´t have access to it. 

Here is a photo I downloaded from Wikimedia and is great as it provided me the attribution to the author.

"100wikidays books" by Smirkybec - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0 via Wikimedia Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:100wikidays_books.JPG#/media/File:100wikidays_books.JPG



Insects by Jon Sullivan in Public-Domain-Photos.com



1 comentario:

  1. Interesting, hopefully now you can join the debate in your country. Let us know how the research goes, regarding copyright and your books. I would presume as you created them at home on your own time, they would be your work and not that of your library. You were not employed or paid to write them during work hours, so the library would have no legal hold over them. That's just my opinion.

    ResponderEliminar